In view of its quest for expansion, productivity and actualization of its strategic plan and Program objectives, a Non-Governmental Organisation (NGO) is currently searching for competent, experienced, resourceful and proactive officers to join its team and fill the following positions
Job Position: Head of Program
Industry Type: NGO
Job Location: Abuja
Contract Type: Full Time
Qualifications and Requirements
- Advanced degree (Masters) in Social Sciences, Humanities, Law or related fields with strong social research background. A higher degree will be an added advantage as well as professional membership.
- Minimum of five years management level experience in the non-profit sector, especially in an academic institution, policy think-tank, NGO or related organization.
- Proven project development, fund raising and program management skills.
- Familiarity with the literature and contemporary issues in plural politics, crime, justice reform, security, good governance, public education, sensitisation and awareness.
- Demonstrable team-oriented personality and strong leadership skills.
- Ability to work well in an entrepreneurial, multicultural and multi-location organization.
- Ability to communicate clearly, respectfully and sensitively with colleagues, partners, beneficiaries and members of the public.
- Knowledgeable in Advocacy and policy development.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office and database management software.
- Expertise in the use of social media for communication to different stakeholders
- The successful candidate will lead on Project development, fundraising and program management for the entire organization.
- Provide leaders for the organization program department and report to the Director;
- Function as Head of the Program Team. Ensure effective team meeting. Maintain line supervision of all staff working in the program department. Evaluate program and project staff performance.
- Identify new grant and project opportunities for the organization and play lead role in drafting proposals for fundraising and implementation.
- Work in close collaboration with other heads of departments, sub-team leaders and other staff in the organization.
- Participate in the regular meetings of the Senior Management Team as a member.
- Maintain and improve relationship with project partners and ensure that reporting obligations to them are carried out in a timely and satisfactory manner.
- Represent the organization in speaking engagements, workshops, and seminars on topics related to the mission of the organisation as directed by the Director or any other person acting on his/her behalf.
- Ensure proper documentation of program implementation.
- Coordinating public policy advocacy
- Work with Finance department to ensure that project budgets are well managed.
- Facilitate trainings and capacity building for staff members of the department.
- Process documentation in standardizing methodologies, building a practice and organizational learning;
- Contribute articles to the publications of the organization and for publication in the print media;
- Remain knowledgeable about concepts and issues in democracy, good governance, security and justice in Nigeria, West Africa and the world.
- Carry out any other functions that may be directed by the Director or any other person acting on her behalf.
General Duties Include:
- The maintenance of regular communication and reporting procedures with the Director, other staff and/or consultants.
- The performance of any other duties that may be reasonably requested by the Director or his/her Designate.
- Excellent communication skills in both verbal and written English. Working knowledge of French language will be an added advantage
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to Communicate clearly with staff, its partners and members of the public
- Interest in progressive issues and commitment to public interest work
- Ability to Prioritize work and take initiatives within agreed guidelines and deadlines
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Internet;
- Willingness to develop professional and personal skills necessary to perform assigned tasks
- Work accurately and detailed particularly under pressure of deadlines and able to maintain reliable projects files
- Willingness and ability to travel and work outside regular location when necessary.
Method of Application
Applicants for the respective positions above must email their CVs (Max 3 pages, Word or pdf) and a letter of expression of interest to: email@example.com using the “Name and Job title” as the subject of the mail. Two (2) writing samples, each no longer than 5 pages.
Applications Deadline: 19th March 2021
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- Only Electronically submitted applications will be entertained. Scanned applications will be disregarded.
- No phone calls, please.
- Subject line of emails must state clearly the Name of Applicant and Job Title of position applied for.