In view of its quest for expansion, productivity and actualization of its strategic plan and Program objectives, a Non-Governmental Organisation (NGO) is currently searching for competent, experienced, resourceful and proactive officers to join its team and fill the following positions
Job Position: Communications and Information Technology (IT) Officer
Industry type: NGO
Job Location: Abuja.
Contract term: Full Time
- A Bachelor’s degree or HND in Information Communication, Computer Science or any other related field.
- 3-5 years relevant experience in Communication and Media as well as IT
- Quality experience in the use of social media and digital platforms.
- Knowledge on the use of design software such as InDesign and Photoshop
- Higher qualification in Communication and Media would be an added advantage.
- Relevant experience as a Communications and Media practitioner with any Government entity/agency or NGO is an asset.
- Exceptional communication skills, interpersonal skills and ability to operate with little or no supervision.
- Good team building qualities with excellent writing skills.
- He/she must be highly computer literate with a good knowledge of all Micro Soft office tools as well as effective handling and operation of online tools and portals.
- Good visibility enhancement skills and Ability to engage actively via social media.
- Assist in the implementation of the organisation’s Communications Strategy.
- Provide support to the Director and all Heads of Department on all communication activities.
- Lead in the development and dissemination of communication prints and audiovisual materials.
- Handle media monitoring and develop regular media reports from monitoring data.
- Provide media relations support for all staff of the organisation including responding to requests and gathering input for talking points.
- Draft press releases, statements and success stories of the organisation.
- Provide support for the organisation’s public campaigns and events.
- Lead in managing the organisation’s digital platforms.
- Assist in Design and creation of social media content as well as content for all communication channels (website, social media, Basecamp, Mailchimp, Adobe Creative e.t.c)
- Support in planning, monitoring and reporting of communication activities.
- Participate on behalf of the organisation in work related external communication groups.
- Assist the program unit in implementing planned communications activities.
- Maintain library/ database of reference materials, photos and videos of the activities.
- Provide support to enhancing visibility for all the programs and activities.
- Support in the production of the Newsletters, Annual reports and editorial series for Publications.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the Director or his/her designate.
- Effective Communication
- Being action-oriented, self motivated, responsible and willing to take initiative.
- Good stakeholder engagement and knowledge of donor relationship management.
- Ability to create, edit and present information in clear and presentable formats, using appropriate IT functions.
- Knowledge of social media and communication strategies and methods;
- Ability to communicate with clarity of expression and a good command of English language.
- Good event planning and execution skills;
- Ability to identify relevant events and stories and communicate them to a mass audience;
- Good multimedia skills. (Radio, TV etc)
- Having an eye for detail and ability to work under work pressure and meet deadlines.
Method of Application
Applicants for the respective positions above must email their CVs (Max 3 pages, Word or pdf) and a letter of expression of interest to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the “Name and Job title” as the subject of the mail. Two (2) writing samples, each no longer than 5 pages.
Applications Deadline: 19th March 2021
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- Only Electronically submitted applications will be entertained. Scanned applications will be disregarded.
- No phone calls, please.
- Subject line of emails must state clearly the Name of Applicant and Job Title of position applied for.