The Centre for Democracy and Development (CDD) was established in the United Kingdom in 1997 and subsequently registered in Lagos – Nigeria in 1999 as an independent, not-for-profit, research, training, advocacy and capacity building organisation.
The Centre was established to mobilise global opinion and resources for democratic development and provide an independent space to reflect critically on the challenges posed to the democratization and development processes in West Africa, and also to provide alternatives and best practices to the sustenance of democracy and development in the region.
We require qualified person to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Communications Officer
- Coordinate the communication unit of the organization.
- Ensures the promotion of the organization’s brand identity.
- Develop and implement an integrated and innovative communications strategy that supports the Centre’s work and goal.
- Work with colleague to manage the Centre’s websites, print publications, social media channels, and other media outlet to promoting the work of the organization.
- Coordinates and works with graphic designer/animation to develop compelling and effective visuals for amplifying the work of the Centre.
- Write press statements on issues the organization is working on and coordinate its dissemination amongst media partners.
- Develop and maintain a database of media partners.
- Build and maintain relationships with journalists, bloggers, and media experts to advance our work
- Master Degree in Mass Communication, English Language, Communication Art, Language Art or any related course.
- Experience as an editor in a reputable newspaper house while not compulsory will be an advantage.
- At least 3 years cognate experience
- Fluency in both English and French is an advantage,
- Experience in web design and content production is a plus
- Solid understanding of project management principles
- Working knowledge of MS Office; photo and video-editing software is an asset
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and presentation skills
- Outstanding organizational and planning abilities
- Excellent analytical, writing and ‘actioning’ skills
- Ability to thrive under pressure with limited support
- Effective and persuasive communication skills
- Excellent inter-personal, presentational and public speaking skills
- Excellent IT Skills
Application Closing Date
14th July, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward a one page Application plus a maximum 3 page CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject line of emails must state clearly the Name of Applicant and Job Title of position applied for. For example, Subject: Ayobami Fatimah Chukwuemeka, Senior Communication Officer.
- Only Electronically submitted applications will be entertained.
- Scanned applications will be disregarded.
- Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No phone calls, please.
- CDD is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Female candidates are encouraged to apply for this job.