In view of its quest for expansion, productivity and actualization of its strategic plan and Program objectives, a Non-Governmental Organisation (NGO) is currently searching for competent, experienced, resourceful and proactive officers to join its team and fill the following positions:
Job Location: Abuja
Contract type: Full time
Qualifications and Experience
- An LLB, BL degree and a minimum of 5 years post call to Bar working experience.
- Relevant qualification in Human resource or good knowledge (either by study or work place experience) of Human Resources Management practice.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills and ability to operate with little or no supervision.
- Good team building qualities with excellent relationship management skills.
- He/she must be computer literate with a good knowledge of Micro soft office tools.
- A good knowledge of corporate and labour laws.
- Ability to draft legal documents.
- Ability to liaise with external legal and regulatory bodies on company matters
- Offer legal advice and support to legal related projects or task in the organization.
- Draft and review letters, contracts and all legal documents for the organization.
- Ensure that all contract terms represent the best interest of the organization.
- Identifying legal requirements and government regulations affecting human resources functions and ensure internal policies, procedures and reporting are in compliance.
- Review new contracts or amendments to existing contracts prior to execution by management.
- Assist in the resolution of legal matters and advise management on any arising legal issues.
- Liaise with government agencies and all external contractors on any legal or statutory issues.
- Draft, review and implement Human Resources policies and procedures for the organisation.
- Ensure and maintain an accurate filing system for proper staff documentation.
- Facilitate new staff recruitment, on boarding and induction of staff.
- Support the provision and management of trainings for all staff at various levels for continuous employee development.
- Co-ordinate Employee Performance Appraisal with the Head of Organisational Development.
- Supervise and manage employees’ issues within the organisation.
- Continuously ensuring and safeguarding the interests of the organization and the employees as far as statutory requirements are concerned.
- Participate in other related Legal and Human Resources issues.
- Perform any other jobs as may be assigned by the Director or the Head of Organisational Development
- Strong organizational skills and flexibility
- Being action-oriented, self-motivated, responsible and willing to take initiative.
- Excellent interpersonal skills within a multinational and cultural context.
- Creative and strategic thinking
- Good use of discretion where necessary
- Excellent writing skills
- Having an eye for detail and ability to work under work pressure of deadlines.
Method of Application
Applicants for the respective positions above must email their CVs (Max 3pages, Word or pdf) and a letter of expression of interest to: email@example.com using the “Name and Job title” as the subject of the mail. Two (2) writing samples, each no longer than 5 pages in respect of the Research Officer, Communication Officer and the Head of Program.
Applications Deadline: 28th February, 2021
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- Only Electronically submitted applications will be entertained. Scanned applications will be disregarded.
- No phone calls, please.
- Subject line of emails must state clearly the Name of Applicant and Job Title of position applied for.