The Centre for Democracy and Development (CDD-West Africa) is an independent, not-for-profit, research, training, advocacy, and capacity building organization established in the United Kingdom in 1997 and registered in Nigeria in 1999. The Centre was established to mobilize global opinion and resources for democratization, development and human security in West Africa also provide alternatives and best practices to the sustenance of democracy and development in the region.
Since 2019, CDD-West Africa has been implementing Nigeria Anti-Corruption Agencies Strengthening Initiative project that seeks to contribute to increasing efficiency and effectiveness of Anti-Corruption Agencies (ACAs) for the fight against corruption, primarily through targeted capacity building, support on forensics and evidence gathering, peer learning, information sharing and forging synergy and coordination amongst them. We are presently supporting six core ACAs in Nigeria.
These are the Nigeria Financial Intelligence Unit (NFIU), the Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offenses (ICPC), the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), the Presidential Advisory Committee Against Corruption (PACAC), Technical Unit On Governance and Anti-Corruption Reforms (TUGAR), and the Office of the Auditor General of the Federation (OAuGF). The support is to strengthen the ACAs to perform their core duties of investigation, enforcement, and prevention.
One of our strategies to support synergy amongst the ACAs and other stakeholders is to support the development of a Web Portal on Anti-Corruption Work as recommended during the last UNCAC review process. The Web Portal would facilitate prompt information gathering and data management amongst ACAs to ensure ready availability of data. This will also address the problem of duplication and enhance investigation to increase prosecution success rates as well as help engender effective coordination amongst the ACAs.
It will also help to improve information sharing and synergy amongst the ACAs to gain knowledge and insights about current projects, identify a point of entry and complementary role that could play and avoid duplication of intervention. Additionally, it will be a repository of core corruption related cases and judgement secured by ACAs in the country.
CDD hereby call on qualified companies to submit Expression of Interest (EOI) – both narrative and detailed budget – to CDD for the development of the Web Portal.
The contracted firm/company will be responsible for the delivery of the Web Portal to support the work of ACAs in Nigeria by facilitating prompt information gathering and data management amongst them (ACAs) to ensure ready availability of data. Additionally, it will be a repository of core corruption related reports, cases and judgement secured by ACAs in the country for effective coordination of activities.
HOW THE PLATFORM WOULD BE
- The platform must allow users (including ACA partners) to create their profile and details for upload of resources, useful information about their work and make relevant data available for coordinating purposes.
- Allow for visualization of multiple datasets about number of pending/ongoing and completed cases.
- Allow for ACA partners to manage and make accessible their pages and uploaded data on the platform.
- Allow for upload of official reports (quarterly and annual) from ACAs and extant laws such as the EFFC Act, ICPC Act, NFIU Act etc. and subsidiary legislation or regulations etc.
- Allow for upload of database on all Assets recovered and any report on how they have been utilized.
- Allow for upload of official Anti-Corruption reports from the CDD.
- Allow for integration of the websites for all ACAs on the platform.
- It must be UX/UI design based on best practices.
- Setting up of CMS on the domain to enable the Centre to maintain the site without requiring a dedicated workstation or additional software.
- Content entry -This will include text and pictures for each page to be created with the initial set-up.
- Brower testing to ensure that it works with modern browsers on laptops, desktops and mobile phones.
- It must contain features that are reflective of the goal it is meant to serve as underscored above.
- It must be user friendly
What to DO as the Contracted Firm/Company:
- Carry out the technical design, development, testing, implementation, and maintenance of the digital platform.
- Meet and work with CDD and the ACAs staff on a regular basis to study the requirements and develop design, functionality, and technical requirements for approval.
- Provide a flexible and responsive development process that enables and responds to feedback from CDD and ACAs staff and other relevant stakeholders.
- Deliver intuitive and user-friendly platform that integrates with the data visualization and other requirement mentioned under the “scope” of the work.
- Provide a fast and responsive platform, which will integrate large amounts of data and thousands of documents, ensuring a positive user experience.
- Handle both back and front-end issues as requested.
- Produce a technical user manual, with a copy of the code, and instructions for updates and maintenance requirements.
- Provide functionality that supports public outreach and drives traffic to the platform.
- Provide system access for monitoring and analysis of site traffic.
- Provide six (6) months of technical support to transfer management of the website to CDD staff, ensure it is bug free, and make minor adjustments to improve its function.
- Participate in all meetings convened during the development of the platform.
The EoI should include:
Firm/company must submit technical proposal that includes:
- A clear understanding of the purpose the platform is meant to serve.
- Outline of the design framework.
- Timeframe of Job completion which must not be more than the end of December 2020.
- Specific features of the platform and how they will work
- Work Portfolio
- Detailed budget
Registered companies with Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) should ONLY submit the EoI. Any submission should be accompanied by a CAC registration certificate.
- Create clean, maintainable, and tested code.
- Thrive in a team environment where feedback is embraced.
The deadline for submission of EOI is 25th November 2020
Method of Application
Interested and qualified firm/company should send its technical proposal and budget to: firstname.lastname@example.org using “EOI – WEB PORTAL FOR ACAs” in Capital Letters as Subject.