Call for Consultant
Opening: 18th September, 2019 Closing: 30th September, 2019
Contract Type: Consultancy
The Centre for Democracy and Development (CDD) was established in London in 1997 and registered with the Nigeria Corporate Affairs Commission in 1999. CDD is an independent, not-for-profit, research, training, advocacy and capacity building organisation. The Centre was established to mobilise global opinion and resources for democratic development and provide an independent space to reflect critically on the challenges posed to the democratisation and development processes in West Africa and also provide alternatives and best practices to the sustenance of democracy and development in the region. The Centre works focus on strengthening democratic governance in West Africa. The Centre remains focused on capacity building work, policy advocacy, and as a research reference point on democratic governance, human security, people-centred development and human rights.
Background of the Project
The Nigeria Anti-Corruption Agencies Strengthening Initiative Project seeks to contribute to increasing efficiency and effectiveness of Anti-Corruption Agencies (ACAs) for the fight against corruption, primarily through targeted capacity building, support on forensics and evidence gathering, peer learning, information sharing and forging synergy and coordination amongst the ACAs. The project is working closely with six (6) ACAs (including EFCC, ICPC, TUGAR, PICA, OAGoF and NFIU amongst the over twenty-four institutions with an anti-corruption mandate in Nigeria. The project is expected to support the ACAs to perform their core duties.
Purpose of the Consultancy
Why Media and Strategic Communication training?
The rationale for this training is based on recognition of importance of Media/Strategic Communication in driving a successful organization and dissemination of key outcomes of any organization to the public. The media and strategic communication training is one of the key training needs identified as one of the key capacity gap identified by the ACAs to be organized for all the partners during the review of work plans submitted by our partners to supports the Anti-Corruption Agencies.
Communication is the center of everything, because of this, media and strategic communication has shifted from its previous position as a helpful marketing tool, to an essential one. It is increasingly important for organization to clearly communicate their values and purpose through strategic communication.
It is in view of its relevant that CDD is requesting for a consultant to deliver this service to the target participants. It is belief that the training will increase cooperation between CDD and its partners as well as the general populace. And, principally, contribute to strengthen coordination, corporation and information sharing and improve the overall quality and relevance of the entire project to enhancing the anti-graft agencies’ capacity.
- Training manuals/Modules on the subject matter
- Delivery of three-day trainings on the subject matter
- Develop and analyse tool for gauging participants’ understanding of knowledge and skill acquired during the training and submit an analysis of participants understanding before and after the trainings
The Successful consultant (organization or individual) will report to:
The Director CDD and/or her representative
The Successful consultant will work closely with: The Project Officer at CDD
- The consultant will show proven expertise/record of such tasks delivered to corporate organizations or government agencies in the past;
- The consultant will have to demonstrate extensive experience in conducting trainings in a similar context.
- The consultant must submit proof of available capacity and resources to achieve the deliverables indicated within the specified time frame.
- The bidder must have the financial capability to implement the project with minimal mobilization fees, as subsequent payment will be based on achieved deliverables.
Other documents to be submitted are:
- Company profile.
- CV/Resume of consultants.
- Brief outline of their proposed methodology and structure for the training (of 2 to 4 pages in length maximum).
- Budget for the services and deliverable in line with the above information.
- Copy of CAC registration.
- Tax Clearance Certificate or last 3 years
- Audited report/ financial statement.
- References to where similar job has been performed with evidence of successful completion.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward a proposal and budget to: firstname.lastname@example.org and copy email@example.com using “MEDIA/STRATEGIC CONSULTANT” in Capital Letters as Subject.