The Centre for Democracy and Development (CDD) was established in the United Kingdom in 1997 and registered in Nigeria in 1999 as an independent, not-for-profit, research training, advocacy and capacity building organisation. The organisation aims at mobilising global opinion for democratic development and provides an independent space to reflect critically on the challenges posed to the democratisation and development process in West Africa. CDD envisions a West Africa that is democratically governed, economically integrated - promoting human security and people centred development. Since its inception, the Centre has remained focused on capacity building work, policy advocacy, and as a research reference point on democratic governance, human security, people-centred development, and human rights.
- Bachelor of Social Science Degree / or any other related degree, a post graduate degree will be an added advantage.
- At least 3-5 years’ experience working as a programme officer.
- Experience working in an international NGO is required as programme officer. • Hands on experience in programme management, donor reporting and ability to independently implement project activated from start to finish is required. • Requisite skills and experiences working on conflict, peace and dialogue programming. • Experience organising and facilitating local community dialogues is required. • Experience working in conflict locations.
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent IT and administrative skills,
- Sound analytical and report writing skills,
- Ability to work under pressure to strict deadlines as well as multi-tasking.
- Contribute to the development and production of annual Action Plan and other corporate plans.
- Responsible for the delivery outputs of specific projects through direct input into project activities from conception to implementation.
- Preparation of proposal and concept note for various project implementation.
- Ensure the provision of accurate, up-to-date information on individual projects to relevant stakeholders within the organisation and amongst external institutions, in accordance with statutory, management and reporting requirements.
- Provide support for the reporting of projects’ results and impacts.
- Provide support for projects’ administration such as negotiating with hotel, identification of service providers/consultants, etc. while working closely with Administrative Unit.
- Produce budget for events/workshops and assist in the development of yearly project plan.
- Adhere to all policies and procedures of the organisations and the donor agencies in the delivery of mandates.
- Undertake appropriate research and advocacy activities in relation to programme responsibilities.
- Closely work with the Northeast team to ensure implementation of the organisation’s projects in the region.
- Support organization-wide activities, events, and campaigns actively and as needed. • Carry out any other duties assigned by your line manger or the Director.
Information, Advocacy & Communication
- Contribute appropriately to the information, communication, and advocacy work of the Centre, including external representation (by permission).
- Ensure effective internal communication between relevant programme area/project responsibilities and other sections of the organisations.