A Call for a Consultant to Develop an Online Covid-19 Policy Tracking Platform
The Centre for Democracy and Development (CDD) was established in the United Kingdom in 1997 and registered in Nigeria in 1999, as an independent, not-for-profit, research training, advocacy and capacity-building organization. The purpose was to mobilize global opinion and resources for democratic development and provide an independent space to reflect critically on the challenges posed to the democratization and development processes in West Africa. Our goal is to serve as the ultimate catalyst in the transformation of the West African sub-continent into an integrated, economically vibrant and democratically governed community that assures holistic security to the population and is capable of permanent peaceful conflict management.
Theme: A Call for a Consultant to Develop an Online COVID-19 Policy Tracking Platform
About The Project
The Centre for Democracy and Development (CDD-West Africa) is promoting accountability in the COVID-19 response, using both qualitative and quantitative data sets to influence policy change. Specifically, the project interrogates the government response with regards to (1) containing the spread of the virus, (2) COVID-19 recovery efforts, including support to most impacted segments of society (especially vulnerable persons and households) and (3) COVID-19 vaccination efforts. The findings will be used to engage actors in the policy space for policy change. CDD will also establish a policy tracking platform that provides an overarching analysis of the government's policy response (policy changes that have been introduced, when, why, and by whom). Periodic policy briefs are developed to engage the policy community and the public.
In view of this, the CDD will create a COVID-19 policy tracking platform to provide a description and timeline of national policy and health system responses to COVID-19. The tracker will collate data on what policy changes have been introduced, when, why, and by whom. It will also include how these changes have been communicated by policymakers. Our COVID-19 policy tracker will split the information into quarters of the year.
• Develop a COVID-19 policy tracking Platform that provides information about national policy and health system responses to COVID-19 in Nigeria.
• The COVID-19 policy tracking platform will have a description and timeline of national policy and health system responses to COVID-19.
• The tracker will collate data on what policy changes have been introduced, when, why, and by whom. It will also include how these changes have been communicated by policymakers.
• The tracker will focus on the national government and health and social care system responses to COVID-19 in Nigeria with a focus on the three (3) focal states of Lagos, Kano and FCT.
Qualifications and Personal Attributes
They shall possess competencies in the following areas:
• The consultant should have skills in HTML and CSS
• UX/UI: UX (User Experience) and UI (User Interface) design are essential.
• SEO (Search Engine Optimization):
Application Closing Date
The closing date for the application is Friday, 27th January 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward a proposal and budget to: Consultant@cddwestafrica.org using "CONSULTANT" in Capital Letters as the Subject.