PRESIDENTIAL INVESTIGATION PANEL TO REVIEW COMPLIANCE OF THE ARMED FORCES WITH HUMAN RIGHTS OBLIGATIONS AND RULES OF ENGAGEMENT
CALL FOR MEMORANDA AND PUBLIC HEARING
His excellency, the Acting president, Professor Yemi Osinbajo, SAN, GCON, on Friday, August 11th,2017 inauguration the Panel to review compliance of the Armed Forces with Human right obligations and rules of engagement especially in local conflicts and insurgency situation.
2. Below are theTerms of Reference of the Panel:
(a) To review extantrules of engagement applicable to the Armed Forces of Nigeria and the extent of V compliance thereto;
(b) To investigatealleged acts of violation of international humanitarian and human right law under the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, 1999 (as amended),Geneva Conventions Act, African Charter on Human and Peoples Rights(Ratification and Enforcement) Act and other relevant laws by the Armed Forces in local conflicts and insurgencies;
(c) To investigatematters of conduct and discipline in the Armed Forces in local conflicts and insurgencies;
(d) To recommend means of preventing violations of international humanitarian and human rights law in conflict situations; and
(e) To make furtherrecommendations in line with these terms of reference as may be deemed necessary.
3. Stakeholders,affected persons, institutions and interested members of the public are hereby invited to submit to the Presidential Investigation Panel, memoranda that will assist it in the discharge of its mandate.
1) All Memoranda should be forwarded to the Presidency, Special Services Office,Office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Shehu Shagari Complex, Three Arms Zone, Abuja, for the attention of the Secretary to the
Presidential Investigation Panel on Review of Compliance of Armed Forces with Human Rights Obligations and Rules of Engagement;
2) 10 Nos.Hard Copies of Memorandum should be submitted
3) A soft copy should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
4) Memorandum should be submitted within two weeks from the date of the publication of thisnotice.
5) The panel will hold Public Hearings in Abuja from 7th September to 6thOctober 2017.
Attached Call for Memoranda