The Centre for Democracy & Development (CDD) is an international, independent, not-for-profit, research, training, advocacy, and capacity-building organization. The Centre was established to mobilize global opinion and resources for democratic development and provide an independent space to reflect critically on the challenges posed to the democratization and development processes in West Africa and also provide alternatives and best practices to the sustenance of democracy and development in the region. The Centre works to focus on strengthening Democratic Governance and has worked in the West Africa States. The Centre remains focused on capacity building work, policy advocacy, and as a research reference point on democratic governance, human security, people-centred development, and human right. we are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Consultancy to produce Jingles/PSAs for the upcoming Anambra state elections to counter fake news and mis/disinformation. The Jingles/PSAs will be in English, Pidgin and Igbo languages.
Location: Abuja Nigeria
Why the Activity
CDD seeks to produce a series of Jingles/PSA to support peaceful elections and counter fake news for the upcoming Anambra state governorship election. Jingles/PSA production is expected to counter fake news around the upcoming Anambra state elections, success, and challenges as part of CDD’s support for democratic development in Nigeria.
- The successfully selected consultant with direction and support from CDD communication team will be responsible for the production of the series of visual/audio Jingles/PSAs in (English, Pidgin and Igbo) to promote peaceful elections and counter fake news on the Anambra state governorship elections.
Specifically, the Consultant will engage in:
- Consultation and Documentation: The importance of consultation with CDD project staff is to understand the content and production of the Jingles/PSAs.
- Planning and Pre-production: The planning and pre-production stage will follow consultation with the CDD project lead. At this stage, the content of the Jingles/PSAs would be discussed.
- Production: This would be the stage where the Jingles/PSAs would be produced following the script.
The proposed timeline for the start and completion of the Jingle Production is 2 Days upon advertisement.
- At least 3 years’ experience of producing communication content especially short format (Jingles/PSAs) or related.
- Written concept/production strategy or ideas on how to deliver the outputs.
- Detailed draft work plan and budget for the delivery of the job.
- Experience in working with donor-funded programs.
Application Closing Date
The closing date for the application is 8th October 2021
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward a proposal and budget to: firstname.lastname@example.org using “CONSULTANT” in Capital Letters as Subject.
Download a Microsoft Word version of this call: Consultant for Communication Content for Anambra