In view of its quest for expansion, productivity and actualization of its strategic plan and Program objectives, a Non-Governmental Organisation (NGO) is currently searching for competent, experienced, resourceful and proactive officers to join its team and fill the following positions:
Industry Type: NGO
Job Location: Abuja
Contract Type: Full Time
Qualifications and Requirements
- Advanced degree (Masters) in Social Sciences, Humanities, Law or related fields with strong social research background. A higher degree will be an added advantage as well as professional membership.
- Minimum of five years management level experience in the non-profit sector, especially in an academic institution, policy think-tank, NGO or related organization.
- Proven project development, fund raising and program management skills.
- Familiarity with the literature and contemporary issues in plural politics, crime, justice reform, security, good governance, public education, sensitisation and awareness.
- Demonstrable team-oriented personality and strong leadership skills.
- Ability to work well in an entrepreneurial, multicultural and multi-location organization.
- Ability to communicate clearly, respectfully and sensitively with colleagues, partners, beneficiaries and members of the public.
- Knowledgeable in Advocacy and policy development.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office and database management software.
- Expertise in the use of social media for communication to different stakeholders
- The successful candidate will lead on Project development, fundraising and program management for the entire organization.
- Provide leaders for the organization program department and report to the Director;
- Function as Head of the Program Team. Ensure effective team meeting. Maintain line supervision of all staff working in the program department. Evaluate program and project staff performance.
- Identify new grant and project opportunities for the organization and play lead role in drafting proposals for fundraising and implementation.
- Work in close collaboration with other heads of departments, sub-team leaders and other staff in the organization.
- Participate in the regular meetings of the Senior Management Team as a member.
- Maintain and improve relationship with project partners and ensure that reporting obligations to them are carried out in a timely and satisfactory manner.
- Represent the organization in speaking engagements, workshops, and seminars on topics related to the mission of the organisation as directed by the Director or any other person acting on his/her behalf.
- Ensure proper documentation of program implementation.
- Coordinating public policy advocacy
- Work with Finance department to ensure that project budgets are well managed.
- Facilitate trainings and capacity building for staff members of the department.
- Process documentation in standardizing methodologies, building a practice and organizational learning;
- Contribute articles to the publications of the organization and for publication in the print media;
- Remain knowledgeable about concepts and issues in democracy, good governance, security and justice in Nigeria, West Africa and the world.
- Carry out any other functions that may be directed by the Director or any other person acting on her behalf.
General Duties Include:
- The maintenance of regular communication and reporting procedures with the Director, other staff and/or consultants.
- The performance of any other duties that may be reasonably requested by the Director or his/her Designate.
- Excellent communication skills in both verbal and written English. Working knowledge of French language will be an added advantage
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to Communicate clearly with staff, its partners and members of the public
- Interest in progressive issues and commitment to public interest work
- Ability to Prioritize work and take initiatives within agreed guidelines and deadlines
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Internet;
- Willingness to develop professional and personal skills necessary to perform assigned tasks
- Work accurately and detailed particularly under pressure of deadlines and able to maintain reliable projects files
- Willingness and ability to travel and work outside regular location when necessary.
Method of Application
Applicants for the respective positions above must email their CVs (Max 3pages, Word or pdf) and a letter of expression of interest to: email@example.com using the “Name and Job title” as the subject of the mail. Two (2) writing samples, each no longer than 5 pages in respect of the Research Officer, Communication Officer and the Head of Program.
Applications Deadline: 28th February, 2021
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- Only Electronically submitted applications will be entertained. Scanned applications will be disregarded.
- No phone calls, please.
- Subject line of emails must state clearly the Name of Applicant and Job Title of position applied for.